Sunday, January 20, 2008

She pooped today!

I used to think of poop as just an opportunity for some satisfying reading time. I often enjoyed it as a comedy prop as well. Today, I celebrated it as an event as I heard it from 5 feet away: a loud, wet "splorp" in my daughter Lily's diaper. And some leaking out the back, onto her onesie.

Upon our discharge from the hospital, Jess and I had received a paper listing the conditions under which we should call the pediatrician. According to the list, Lily should be makin' fudge at least 3 times per day. This morning marked the beginning of the third day since her last dookie.

So we called the pediatrician yesterday who told us that, as long as Lily was eating, making wet diapers, and was in good spirits there's nothing to worry about.

So today she pooped, and we cheered. I guess they were right when they said my life would change with the birth of my daughter.

hehehe.. splorp.

2 comments:

Jon of Dailyhops.com said...

Annabelle took a couple days for the first one to come, and it was not a pleasant one. We get scared when she only poops once every other day, or third day because we know it will be a 'good' one.

Jenn said...

Tyler had a record as an infant of going 38 days between going. We had to help him out for the first one. The doctor said because he was breastfed it is normal. He would go between 14 - 20 days on average until he was almost 6 months. Don't worry too much.